Well as of today I still have not raised enough money for my sailboat let alone my circumnavigation so I decided that while I continue to work on building the kitty that I would like to attend culinary school.
I applied at the CIA, as I told a friend culinary not spy, and was accepted. For those of you that may not know, the CIA, Culinary Institute of America, is a very well-regarded culinary school and its alumni include:
- Anthony Bourdain – Les Halles in New York and star of No Reservations on the Travel Network
- Grant Achatz – Alinea, Next, The Aviary, and The Office in Chicago
- Duff Goldman – Charm City Cakes in Baltimore and star of Ace of Cakes on the Food Network
- Roy Choi – Kogi Korean BBQ-To-Go food truck in Los Angeles also culinary consultant for the movie Chef
- Richard Blais – FLIP Burger & The Spence in Atlanta and winner of Top Chef All Stars on Bravo
- Susan Feniger – City Cafe and Boarder Grill in Los Angeles ans co-star of Too Hot Tamales on the Food Network